NC Serves is a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in partnership with the North Carolina Commisssion on Volunteerism and Community Service that fosters, facilitates and advocates for community service and volunteerism to meet critical societal needs of North Carolinians. To support the programs and initiatives of the North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service, and any law of the State of North Carolina providing for the stimulation of community and volunteer service, the objectives of NC Serves are:
1. To support and aid institutions and organizations in the development of programs which enable all residents to address serious societal problems in North Carolina?s communities by delivering meaningful service through quality programs;
2. To solicit, receive, and hold donations, gifts or grants, both monetary and in-kind, and to dispense these resources to programs based on the purposes and objectives of this organization;
3. To solicit, receive, and hold real and personal property by purchase, gift, grant or devise or bequest, and to hold, use, invest, reinvest and dispose of the same, for the purposes hereof;
4. To augment fundraising efforts of local service programs;
5. To engage additional staff persons or consultants who can provide sustained technical assistance to programs when necessary, and upon recommendation by the staff of the North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service;
6. To provide funding for the Governor's Volunteer Service Award;
7. To maximize training opportunities and to collaborate on public awareness of volunteerism and service throughout the state of North Carolina.