- Each NC county has a designated person who serves as the coordinator for the Governor's Volunteer Service Awards program.
- Each year, the county coordinator solicits for nominations.
- Any individual, family, group/team from the public, nonprofit and private sector may be nominated.
- All nominations are submitted locally to the county coordinator.
- A local selection committee reviews and evaluates the nominations and forwards up to ten of the highest ranked nominations to the Commission.
- Upon nomination review by the Commission, recipients of the Governor's Volunteer Service Award are determined.
- A statewide panel reviews and evaluates nominations for the Governor's Medallion Award for Volunteer Service and determines which volunteers will be an award recipient.
To nominate a volunteer, click here for County Coordinator information.